ITSSAR ACCREDITED TRAINING – IN HOUSE – ONSITE
Rough Terrain Telescopic Experienced Course
We offer fully accredited or in-house Rough Terrain Telescopic Experienced Courses throughout West Sussex, East Sussex, Hampshire & London. The Rough Terrain Telescopic Experienced Course training can be ITSSAR accredited or In-House and are fully recognised by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and provide candidates with the relevant practical skills and knowledge required to correctly yet safely operate a wide variety of Telescopic Rough Terrain Lift Trucks within the workplace.
Optimum Forklift Training Services can provide Telehandler truck training for all industry sectors, private individuals and corporate clients as well as conversions from a foreign licence to UK accreditation or in-house certification to the ACOP L117 standards.
As with all available courses we can train anywhere within the UK onsite. We also cover all shift patterns for your convenience including night shift training and weekends at no extra cost.
Rough Terrain Telescopic Novice Training
The Rough Terrain Telescopic Novice Training course are for candidates with no previous experience. This course will run from 3 to 4 days depending on the number of candidates with a maximum training ratio of 3 candidates per instructor and 1 truck.
Rough Terrain Telescopic Refresher Training
The Rough Terrain Telescopic Refresher Course is for candidates who need to refresh their skills after expiry of accreditation or due to an accident or incorrect operating as deemed by employers. This is a 1 day course with a maximum training ratio of 3 candidates per instructor.
Rough Terrain Telescopic Conversion Training
The Rough Terrain Telescopic Conversion Course is for candidates who wish to convert from another accreditation to the Rough Terrain Telescopic lift truck. This course is a 1 day course and requires the candidates to have trained previously on another machine type to qualify.
About the Rough Terrain Telescopic Experienced Course
Our ITSSAR Fork Lift Truck Operator Course – Experienced (Rough Terrain Telescopic) delivers a minimum of 16 hours of instruction and is designed to instruct up to a maximum of 3 delegates, providing the skills needed to operate the Rough Terrain Telescopic lift truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection & recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability.Please not there are two types for this machine, J3 Category for machines with a boom of over 9 metres and J2 Category for under 9 metre boom.
This course is perfect for forklift operators with previous experience and have operated for at least 12 months – the ITSSAR course complies with the standards set out in accordance with the HSE Code of Practice L117 (ACOP). This course enables successful operators to use any Rough Terrain Telescopic with a Boom either over or under 9 metres depending on the machine type used for training (with authorisation) anywhere within the UK.
Rough Terrain Telescopic Experienced
Course Content & Information
Rough Terrain Telescopic Experienced Operator Course
To provide the theoretical and practical knowledge to safely operate a Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler.
The course will comprise theoretical and practical instruction covering the following:-
1. Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
2. Operators Safety Code
3. Battery maintenance charging and refuelling procedures
4. Pre-use checks
5. Factors affecting stability
6. Motive controls
7. Hydraulic controls
8. Manoeuvring in open and confined areas and over varying terrain
9. Stacking at different levels in open and confined areas
10. Destacking with laden and unladen pallets
11. Load weight assessment and load moment indicator
12. Safe use of attachments (if applicable)
13. Lorry loading and unloading
14. post operative checks
On completion of training candidates will have a theoretical understanding of the following:-
1. Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98.
2. Operators safety code
3. Battery Maintenance and refuelling procedures
4. Pre-use checks
5. Factors affecting stability
6. Stacking and de-stacking/manoeuvring in open and confined areas and over varying terrain
7. Load weight assessment and load moment indicators
8. Lorry loading and unloading
9. The load handling envelope
10. The safe load indicator
11. Attachments available in the workplace (if applicable)
12. Post operative checks
On completion of training the candidate will be able to:-
1. Drive and operate the lift truck safely and efficiently
2. Stack and destack at various levels in a safe manner in open and confined areas and over varying terrain
3. Carry out pre-use checks to ensure the equipment is in a safe condition
4. Carry out battery maintenance and refuelling procedures
5. Load and unload vehicles
6. Operate safely on and over various ground conditions
7. Attachments available in the workplace(if applicable)
8. Carry out post operative checks
Who should attend this course:
Candidates who have current experience for at least 12 months or more and never had any formal training.
This course runs for 2 to 3 days with up to 3 delegates. ITSSAR accredited courses for lift trucks are strictly a maximum of 3 delegates to one instructor on one machine to ensure the training meets the Approved Code of Practice L117. Please click HERE for the training ratios per instructor.
Successful delegates will receive a novice operator certificate of basic skill and ability endorsed by ITSSAR with their registration number to the Trained Operator Passport Scheme (TOPS).
We also offer an in-house certificate for employers who prefer accreditation to be used only on their premises.
Delegates will receive relevant course handouts to support theoretical knowledge gained to include the following:
Operators Safety Code
Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
Pre-use inspection check sheet & check details.
Local areas covered: for counterbalance forklift training:
Chichester, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, Worthing, Lancing, Shoreham-by-sea, Brighton, Burgess Hill, Horsham, Crawley, Reigate, Redhill, Leatherhead, Guildford, Aldershot, Farnham, Fareham, Basingstoke, Winchester, Andover, Southampton, Portsmouth, Southsea, Havant and surrounding areas.
We are also able to travel anywhere withing the UK excluding Ireland.